Newly diagnosed few days ago

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ozzysdad, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzysdad

Ozzysdad New Member

Our kitty was newly diagnosed last week I've lost a whole bunch of sleep and after lurking finally decided to make an account this morning
    Ozzy was a shelter rescue. The vet is unsure of his age. His bloodwork confirmed diabetes. We've had him just short of a year. I am disabled and that causes me to have trouble with injections. He is on lantus and my vet has been very helpful. So I'll have some questions about that. Otherwise I am extremely nervous and excited to be in this community. I look forward to growing with you all

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Ozzysdad and Ozzy to the best place you never wanted to be. We all understand the feelings of dismay and nervousness on the diagnosis, but you have found a very supportive community and a wealth of resources to learn about feline diabetes and treatment.
    Tell us a bit more about Ozzy please, create your signature that will display with each of your posts:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can put in your name, if you wish, and where you are located.
    There are 3 main components to treating feline diabetes: proper diet, blood sugar testing and insulin therapy. You can read the Getting Started and Education sections on the Home page so that you are able to begin learning and understanding more.
    You mentioned disability and difficulty with injections, I don't want to be intrusive, but if you would care to tell us a bit more, perhaps we can suggest some ways to make injections, and also home testing an easier process for you. I had to adjust how I gave Idjit injections also because of my disability. There have been and are hundreds of members that have adapted and found answers to all types of difficulties tending to their fur kids.
    I encourage you to post in the Main Health forum HERE with further questions and concerns, this Intro forum is more like a welcome mat and more members monitor the Main forum in order to be of assistance.
    Best wishes going forward. :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.