? Newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Susan G & Jimmy G, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan G & Jimmy G

Susan G & Jimmy G Member

I'm feeling like a bad mommy. His numbers aren't moving since we were either giving a high dosage or no dosage. Am I feeding too often? He gets Natures Instinct every 2-4 hrs. See his ss. I'm doing the best I can testing. Feeling frustrated. He seems to be doing just fine. I feel like a stock broker waiting for "good" numbers. :banghead:

2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

You're not a bad mommy! It takes a while to get them regulated, it can be a slow process. I know it can be frustrating, but take heart, you'll get there. As far as feeding goes, that's really up to you, and what works best for you and Jimmy. He's a handsome fellow!:)

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Jimmy didn't become diabetic overnight.....it's just going to take time

With China, it was 4-5 months before I started to see signs of real progress

Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint!!.....He'll get there!!

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

As much as we want to snap our fingers and make it happen quickly it rarely happens like that. I didn't get good numbers until I was three months after diagnosis. He'll get there. Patience is a virtue. :)

5. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Definitely no reason to feel like a bad mommy :bighug:. It's not quite 2 weeks since you started the sugar dance. Just to add with some others, it took me about 2 months to have noticeable progress, with even more starting month 4 :cat:. On a side note, I see his SS has not been updated since Friday AMPS. I hope you did not stop treatment. Remember, even if you are physically doing this alone, you are NOT alone, you have this community! :)

Cherish Gallagher and JanetNJ like this.
  6. Susan G & Jimmy G

Susan G & Jimmy G Member

My dates were incorrect...I am still testing and giving injections. Been in the pink for a bit.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  7. Susan G & Jimmy G

Susan G & Jimmy G Member

Thank you all for the encouragement!

JanetNJ and Yong & Maury GA like this.
  8. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Phoebe was diagnosed a couple months ago, still in the 200 and 300s at 8.5 units. It's definitely a marathon. Good luck, head bumps

9. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

You are doing great it takes time and a lot of patience but you'll get there eventually he is already seeing pinks that's no so bad really hang in there and remember you are not alone

Babu took a lot of months I think it was over 6 to even see some progress

10. Susan G & Jimmy G

Susan G & Jimmy G Member

What do you use the gabapentin for?

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  11. Phoebes (GA)

The gabapentin is used for inflammation in her bowel and pancreatitis. Also used for nerve pain. It makes her 10 foot tall and bullet proof, or at least grandson proof. :)

12. Phoebes (GA)

Your furbaby is gorgeous! I love panthers

Susan G & Jimmy G likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.