No problem! Pmps 138; +2 98 +3 165 +4 177

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margie and Jackson, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Margie and Jackson

Margie and Jackson Member

Our first green number. Eek! I guess I’ll keep testing and watching my guy!

Figaro's Liz and drdrbrody like this.
  2. Margie and Jackson

3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Looking good, green is a sign of success. Let's hope his numbers come down a bit more - to give his kidneys a break. The spreadsheet is looking good.

You may want to put the text comments into the right hand column. It will make your spreadsheet more compact and easier to read.

I see on 7/7 you tried to get rid of a bubble. Over our 4 years with Leo, we just got used to a tiny bubble in there and counted it as part of the dose.

I hope Jackson is putting on a little weight for you. Great picture of him in your icon.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Margie and Jackson likes this.
  4. Margie and Jackson

Thanks for the comment. I’m afraid of green, but I do hope numbers in the normal range are a sign of healing.

I never hear about owners finding their cat dead of insulin shock here. It must not be very common. Honestly that’s my worst fear!

5. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

You haven't been on the forum long. We have lost cats on the forum, from hypoglycemia events. So it is a healthy fear to have.

Most typically it has happened to inexperienced and unprepared owners. I recommend reading up and prepping for a hypo (hypoglycemic event).
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/dont-panic-or-how-to-handle-low-numbers.210109/

Read it 2 or 3 times, really.

Ask us questions if you have some. Leo's emergency kit was a bottle of Karo, and a couple of FF cans of gravy food. You can usually handle most hypos at home.

Back to the numbers - green is good. Many owners on the forum target green as a daily occurrence. It gives their bodies a break. That's where BG for normal kittehs range. You are doing good on the AMPS and PMPS testing. Try to get some nadir (+6 tests) in there as well. That's how we evaluate the effectiveness of the dose.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Margie and Jackson

Jackson’s nadir is usually +9, or even +11. I’ve got karo and I was thinking of left over purina dm as mc food. Definitely want to avoid using it, though.

7. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, Leo had periods of late nadirs too. When you get into a hypo situation, really you want to get direct carbs/sugar into the blood stream. Most cats will eat/lick the gravy. It depends on how low they are and whether they have no-eating or low-eating issues.

Margie and Jackson likes this.