Nooooo!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Shirley & Bill, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shirley & Bill

Shirley & Bill New Member

My cat Beastie has been losing weight. I haven't noticed any PU/PD (we have 6 cats in the house so hard to say for sure), but pulling up on the scruff she does seem mildly dehydrated sometimes. She is about 13 years old, and on April 29th she lost her best buddy Dipper (my ever so special renal kitty :cry: ). Beastie seemed depressed after the loss so I have been keeping a close eye on her. We jokingly referred to them as the evil twins, they were very close. Long story short, tonight I told DH that I was going to test Beastie's blood sugar. Here is where I should mention that she earned her name, so DH told me good luck, and that I might as well check my own while I was bleeding. I checked her a few years ago and she was well within the normal range (I think 76?), tonight she was 167. So Monday I need to call the vets office and make an appt to see if she is borderline or if she has something else going on. She does get the evil dry, so I really hope she is just borderline and that she can be diet controlled because treating this cat with either repeated testing or with pills if it's something else would be... exciting. Every previous vet visit, the vet would try to take her temp and either he or I would end up bleeding. Any attemps to restrain her make her frantic and turn her into a fighting, clawing and biting maniac (so no kitty burrito with her). Anyhow... end rant, just wondering if I will be back to the sugar dance.

Shirley and GA's
    Bill, Whitey, Paddy, and Dipper

2. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Hi shirley.
    It's nice to see you back on board --- wish it were for a happier reason.
    I hope you get to the bottom of the jump in numbers. Maybe she needs a dental? or has a UTI ?
    or maybe she has truly developed FD ---and a simple food change will set things right.
    she sure has an experienced hand to help her.

good luck with the testing !

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Hoping it's a mild infection that is easily treated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.