Not sure where this low PMPS came from

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by FurBabiesMama, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Mia's PMPS was 118, retested and got 121. This stuff never stops being crazy. The last couple of nights, she has stayed high for some reason. Her AM +6 was higher than normal today at 205, so how in the world she ended up lower than that at the end of the cycle is beyond me!

Based on history, I let her eat dinner and plan to retest her after 30 to 45 mins to make sure she is rising (though I don't expect it to be by much), then I will proceed with the dose and hope I did the right thing. I like seeing the lower numbers but always hate the 'chance' I feel I take giving her the shot. Data-based decision or not, it can always go either way. Could be a long night.

I am mainly posting to vent/share.. but if you look at her spreadsheet and have some insights you care to share, I am glad to receive them. :)

G & I likes this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I can't say I have any words of wisdom. You can't shoot a full 2.5 u dose on a blue without risking her going low as she did about a week ago. She's much like Teasel in her ProZinc reactions - often a deep curve with the occasional dive or low PS - ie., unpredictable. That's why I like to have an extra margin of safety for him. With kitties like these aiming for a dose that gets them into a good amount of dark green can backfire.

Any more thought about trying an L insulin?

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

So, it was 118 then 121 at shot time. She ate some dinner. I waited 40 mins and retested, and it was still exactly 121. I waited 20 more mins (talk about taking the entire hour of ProZinc play time) and retested, and it was just 127. So, not really rising at all yet. I gave her 2 units. Now, I wait to see if that was the right call or not.

I think I want to try Levemir, but I will have to see if the vet cooperates with that since I need a prescription. Maybe I should just visit Canada. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.