Now taken care of - thanks

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by eva m, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eva m

eva m New Member

I was contacted by the rescue where I got my Diabetic cat asking for Urgent help for 1 week starting Saturday Sep 4. Unfortunately I will be away on vacation myself, so am unable to help. Can anyone in or near Toronto Foster a Diabetic cat for one week? Here is the message I got from the rescue:
    They are great people, who work very hard to help cats - it would be great if someone could help. Please PM me if you can.

Thanks
    Eva

2. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

Re: URGENT need for a Foster home for 1 Week near Toronto

Geography not being my strong point... I checked on line... sorry 701 miles away (as the crow flies) in Minneapolis.... Will say a prayer someone can be found... However, we can talk the new person at the shelter through it if need be.

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I am crossposting this on Lantus and Health to get more eyes on it.

4. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

Eva....Which of the shelters is it...i assume that it is one of the two that adopt out from there.
    Dana

5. eva m

eva m New Member

Hi Dana - It is a rescue organization in Richmond Hill - Forgotten Ones.

6. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

Okay, so I am nowhere near Richmond Hill...and my husband starts vacation today. I thought there were only a couple of cat sanctuaries in our area, but I guess there are more. My next door neighbour volunteers for one, but not that one...so I would have tried to get her to learn how to test blood glucose on Thomas...he is very accomadating about having his ears pricked..mind you after over 9 1/2 years he is old hat. They must have a vet they are affiliated with that could possibly spare a tech a couple of times a day.
    Da na

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Ottawa is too far right?
    Sent out some feelers for the Toronto area.
    I hope you can find something. I'm in Montreal, a bit too far.

8. eva m

eva m New Member

Thank you very much all for your offers of assistance. The rescue worker will take the cat on vacation with her to care for him herself. He is in a rescue shelter with 24 other cats. Not the best situation for a special needs diabetic cat. When she returns, she will provide further information about him. He really needs a longer term foster or best of all a permanent home.
    Once again - thanks so much!

Eva M

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i think ronnie and luna live in toronto. maybe she or someone she knows could help.

10. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Wow!!! The cat gets to go on vacation...how cool is that!

We always took Smokey and Mr. Kitty with us....even when they were very sick.
    Fortunately, they were both very good travelers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.