? numbers all over the place- need input!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by primalkitty, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primalkitty

primalkitty Member

I am still getting this testing thing down, but getting it.

Griff's numbers are way up and way down. I just can't figure what is going on. (see my chart) He was lower this morning so I skipped the insulin and now he is high. Frustrating!

Jessie

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Very interesting that he had a yellow number without insulin. I also see that you have no data for a 1 u dose. It's possible that all the doses so far have been too high and he's bounced up into high numbers as an overreaction. I suggest you try 0.5 u tonight and tomorrow AM to see what happens. The next steps up would be 0.75 u, then 1 u.

ETA: It might even turn out that the good dose is only 0.25 u. Too soon to tell.

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Is he off all dry food now? If so, his insulin requirement could be much lower as a result.

4. primalkitty

primalkitty Member

Griff is not off of kibble, but he eats a lot of canned and raw that I provide. Maybe he is not eating so much dry. Note: I have 6 other cats and am trying to wean off of dry.....NOT so easily =)

My vet initially prescribed 3 units 2x per day so was recommended to not do that and go slowly. Interesing, his numbers fluctuate since I upped to 2. Will go back down and see what happens. Thank you!

5. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Skipping a dose will usually result in a higher number later on, after 24 hours since the previous shot. The 270 amps was a great number and shootable, just with a little less insulin. Next time, you can try shooting it. The higher pmps is expected though. Does that make sense?

This is difficult at first, collecting data, deciding on a good dose. The more you do it, the more it can guide your decisions in the future. Now you know that, if you get a 270, you can shoot maybe a unit. Then get a midcycle number and see how that dose works and use that info the next time you get a number in that range.

This sugar dance is tricky. You might print off the protocol and the beginner's guide and keep referring to it. You'll get more confident every cycle. Ask when you are unsure about a dose.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

That yellow is a very nice number! I am with Kris on this...looks like a lower amount of insulin might be the answer. Either way, data is always good...as you get more you'll be able to recognize patterns and figure out more what to do. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.