Numbers Rise After Shot? HELP

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Cindy Lamy, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindy Lamy

Cindy Lamy Member

I have been giving Butter Prozinc now since May. His numbers seems so all over the place. This morning his preshot number was 230. Lowest he has ever had. I then gave him his 3.75 dose. I tested him 3 hours later and it was 262. Shouldn't his number decrease after the shot? I'm still so confused. Thank you in advance to anyone who can look at this numbers and help!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

That yellow pre shot is good. The next one is virtually the same number once meter variance is factored in. Let's see how the rest of today plays out at this dose. If he stays flat in yellow all day it can be a sign that his numbers are about to drop. This isn't a rule, merely an observation that many people make.

3. Cindy Lamy

Cindy Lamy Member

I just tested him again and it was 220. When you say a sign the numbers are about to drop that is a good thing right? I didn't do anything different. Does that just happen after a while?

4. Kris & Teasel

Yes, that's a good thing. A day of flat yellow numbers should be a heads up that there might be some BG lowering action. It might not happen though. If he's still yellow at PMPS give the same dose and test at +2 this evening for sure. That +2 test can often give advance warning of a drop to come. If it's significantly lower than PMPS, be prepared to monitor more this evening.

5. Cindy Lamy

Cindy Lamy Member

Okay. The PMPS time is 8:45pm. So I should test again at 10:45 and what should I be monitoring for? What is an ideal number and what is a too low number and what do I do if the number is too low?

6. Kris & Teasel

If the number is higher than PMPS at +2 it generally means an uneventful or even a bounce (higher numbers) cycle. If the +2 is the same or lower than PMPS it can mean that he'll drop lower than he has been doing. If +2 is significantly lower than PMPS (100 points or more) you can try slowing the drop by giving a small snack of his regular low carb food. This situation warrants more tests in case he drops to green numbers by nadir.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.