Oh boy, BG AMPS lower than yesterday, 108, 127,114 shoot .16?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by GA Carol & Dante, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA Carol & Dante

GA Carol & Dante Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-this-am-bg-amps-104-still-dont-shoot.190370/

Bobby, I think I accidentally started a conversation with you only?? I meant to post in the forum, trying again!

Ooookay, so a bit nervous to shoot at 114, 127 was better; I have to go to work, so I can test again before work and come home around 1:15, help please! thank you! Yesterday's BG was at 167 when I shot .25units, today's BG is 114, I know I am shooting for numbers in a few hours; however, these numbers scare me...

Bobbie, Mondays at work are always overwhelming, and with reading so much more info here on the site over the weekend, I think my brain was totally taxed. I could barely keep my eyes open writing that last note, so I went to bed immediately after my last post and woke up 9 (!) hrs later a little before 5am!

Yes, I was reviewing your SS and saw OTJ several times which is exactly(!) why I wrote that comment about vets never seeing remission 2x!!! Constant comments of never getting him back into remission has been irritating(!) and I even told the vet, "Is it so difficult to give someone hope?" Her response was "I don't want to give false hope", my response, "If there is no hope, one might accept that, unfortunately, I can't, that is why I am trying Chinese herbs, adjusting dosages, keeping daily record of his BG's; do you think that perhaps because you have never heard of it, it doesn't mean it can't be done, right?" Well, Bubba, China and others here are living proof! I first started here when diagnosed, and saw all of you were so above my head, that it was too overwhelming, now, I can totally relate with a clear head! Seeing all the info is still overwhelming, but due to having experience now, I can relate/deal with it. Also frustration over closed minded vets brought me back here; your SS and others along with guidance will give me the option I was looking for, remission once again!

I can relate, the vet said Dante was remission 1 month after diagnosis, but a heart failure totally rained on that parade, so I hear ya'! Correction: It is not "Poor Bubba" instead, "Lucky Bubba", there must be millions of diabetic cats who would LOVE to be cared for in such a way! Animals know when there is something wrong with them, they also know when you are trying to help, that is why Bubba allows you to be a test-a-holic, he knows he is loved, period! His brothers see that so they know if anything were to happen with them, they would receive the same treatment, so granted, they may be happy they aren't requiring special attention(!), but I guarantee they support Bubba to 'keep on keeping on'! :cat:

So, Dante's BG's are <150 again AMPS, the second number was not food-excitement induced, so I actually would be comfortable shooting him at this number...whew, see there is progress here. Previously, I would shoot at <150, but would be scared stiffless, now I am less scared stiffless, haha!

Dante's SS Relion Prime Dante: Male 8 years old - Rescued w/another kitty at 4 mos in 2014 at Pet Smart! Lantus; Benazapril; Lasix; Rehmannia; Liver Happy (Chinese Herbs); Fish oil, Coconut oil; Diagnosed w/ Diabetes in March 2015; Heart failure in June 2015; Food: FF Classic; Slow cooker chicken; Weruva canned Cats in the Kitchen, FT employment in Falls Church, VA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.