Old Member with New Sugar Cat - Sarah and Rain

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Wulfwin, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wulfwin

Wulfwin Member

Hello all! I was previously a member back at the end of 2010 with my sugar cat Jason (OTJ since Nov 2010 - yay!). My civie Rain has now been diagnosed with diabetes, which I suspect is steroid induced (she has asthma and had a steroid shot 3 weeks before her diagnosis). Rain is about 8 years old, I adopted her from the shelter I work at back in 2008. She also has asthma and food allergies, which means she's unfortunately on a prescription dry kibble (Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein). I'm still trying to figure out what, if any, low carb wet food I can try switching her too (she's also notoriously stubborn and picky about her food - I've never gotten her to eat wet food, and she's gone on a hunger strike before when I tried to switch her to something she doesn't like). In the meantime, we've started ProZinc and I'm going to pop on over to that board next since she's been confusing me with her numbers on it :)

2. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah and welcome back.

You may want to try a single protein canned food for Jason's food allergies. I know that Natural Balance and Nature's Variety Instinct have limited ingredient cat food. I am sure there are other brands and maybe our other members can suggest some.

You may want to ask this question in the Health forum. That forum usually has more traffic.

3. Wulfwin

Wulfwin Member

Hi Lisa!

Yep, I'm looking into trying to a do single novel protein canned food for her. I started a thread in the Health forum and gotten some great replies! :)

4. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

Hello and welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.