? on long term BG testing after OTJ

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Scruffy, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scruffy

Scruffy Member

I am not going to call it yet but it looks like Scruffy's system has kicked in and he will be OTJ. He has not need any shots since the evening of the 28th.

A day before that I ordered a bunch of testing supplies online. They just arrived today. I am wondering if I should send them back or keep. I ordered two boxes of 50 test strips, testing solution and lancets. After doing to curves I realized they (test strips) would get used up quickly. I only have about 4 test strips left so I will need more for the coming weeks as I keep an eye on him to make sure he truely is OTJ, however, I doubt I will use up 100 strips anytime soon.

The expiration on the test strips is 2/2012 so they will be good for an exteneded period. My main question is how long/often should I test Scruffy if he officially makes it OTJ?

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

While he may be OTJ, he always will be susceptible to relapse, so you may want to have supplies on hand and gradually reduce the testing.
    Maybe fade from several times a day to twice a day.
    From twice a day to once a day.
    From once a day to alternate days, then every 3 days or so, then weekly.
    From weekly to bi-monthly, to monthly.

And any time he is ill - hairball,infection, whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.