on lower carb food but bg higher, advice pls

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SweetAngel, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetAngel

SweetAngel Member

sorry for posting so much!!!

Today, all Angel has had is 1 can of the purina wet dm, (with his weight he is allowed 1.25 -1.5 cans) a bit of Lily's kitchen carb free and a couple of handfuls of the Hill's MD. But his BG is higher than when he was on the higher carb food. I was 35 mins late testing (4 goes this time) and dosing, but surely that shouldn't make such a difference. (totally my fault, if I let him out in the dark he always stays in the garden but tonight he went mia for a bit.)

The other thing I have noticed a few times when dosing is that when I pull the needle out of him there is a tiny drop of insulin on the tip, when that happens I always check to see if his fur is wet to make sure I haven't given a fur shot, and as far as I know I've only ever given him one fur shot.

I know it's early days but I'm gutted that today his numbers were worse, hoping it's just a blip.

Going to try to have an early night, it's 11pm in UK so if anyone replies and I don't respond until tomorrow please don't think I'm being rude.

I don't know what I'd do without you all!!!

xx

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Sometimes, our kitties simply give us a little blip with a few high numbers and we never know the reason why.

It's possible that the couple of handfuls of the Hill's M/D dry food caused the spike in numbers too.

It's so difficult to tell what caused it.

Hope you got an early night last night.

p.s. Never apologize for asking questions. That's what we're here for, to pay it forward and help others as much as we can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.