One question (and pictures!!)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Cobb(GA), Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey all!

It's been a busy few months for us. We sold our house and are now living in an apartment until the new one is built. Crazy busy!!

My question...my boss' dog was diagnosed with diabetes last week. I'm working to pull together some resources for him. I have the FB group to share. Is there a "CDMB"??? :cool: LOLOL

Also...Suki requested an update and pictures. What can I say about my amazing babies? :rolleyes: Matty is doing awesome. A little thrown off by the move, but he is the BEST big brother! He loves his "baby sister" and is very possessive ("that's my baby sister! don't touch! my baby sister!") We are right in the throws of potty training. Can I get him a litter box? :banghead::banghead::banghead: Miss Stephanie is just amazing. We're going through a little bit of a sleep regression right now. She is 6 months today!!! Can you believe it?! She is this close to crawling. She has said both mama and daddy while looking at us, but obviously she's not really talking yet. Matty does a lot of talking for her. She's squeal or make a funny noise, and I'll ask "Matt Matt (that's what we call him), what did Stephanie say?" Matty: "uhh, cookies!" :joyful::joyful::joyful: What a funny boy. He was being especially amusing the other day on our way to school and I said, "Matt Matt, are you a cutie pie?" Matty: "No, mama, I'm a big boy!" SO many funny stories to tell.

And as requested...a few pictures of my munchkins!

Attached Files:

2. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Hi!
    I don't know about the "CDMB" but there is a nice site called Dogaware.com. It has a ton of information, including links to support groups for all kinds of illnesses.

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Suzanne,
    I'm sorry that I don't know of any "dog diabetes" sites, but others may.
    I am so happy that you and your family are doing well. The kiddies look great!

Hugs,

Ella & Rusty

4. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update with your news Suzanne. Great news on your house, I hope the new build goes according to plan and you can move in soon (and perhaps get a kitty to share your new home?)

Matty has certainly grown into a big boy, love that picture of both of them laughing together, so cute. You have a beautiful family Suzanne :bighug:

Hope your boss manages to find the equivalent canine version of this site, sending vines for his dog.

Take care
    Suki x

5. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh how they're growing! Stephanie's got the most beautiful blue eyes. I can't believe Matty's that big.

Your Canine diabetes question - the best site I've found for that is www.k9diabetes.com. It's no comparison to this site but there's NO site that's as good as this one...

HUGS AND HUGS!

6. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Squeaky mentioned one...... they aren't nearly as friendly as we are.....
    i joined for a while.... just wanting to learn how diet affected dogs..... since i didn't have a cd...they closed my
    membership.
    there is also http://petswithdiabetes.yuku.com/

those pictures are precious.

7. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Oh, wow. Matty is indeed the "big" brother. He has grown into a most handsome young man. Love the big brother, little sister pictures. And Miss Stephanie is stunning. Great family.

As for the dog question? No clue. I've known a lot of diabetic dogs and their owners, even had a few at work, but all were just vet dependent on treatment.

Marilyn and Polly

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

What fantastic pictures!! They are getting so big and they are both beautiful!! Congrats on your new house.

9. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

So glad to see you - and what a bit of irony that your dog was diagnosed with diabetes, too! Do dogs get acromegaly? I suppose they do. Do you have something in the water down there?! ;) I'm just kidding of course, but it is strange to have both Cobb and your dog diagnosed!

I love seeing pics of your kids, Suzanne! :bighug:

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Love the pictures and the update. They are growing so fast! :bighug:

@julie & punkin (ga) - yes, dogs get acromegaly. Supposed to be rare - but who knows?! :rolleyes: It was Suzanne's boss's dog with CD.

julie & punkin (ga) likes this.
  11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I know nothing about dog sites but congrats on the new house to be and on happy babies!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.