One year on...

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jen and Alfie, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen and Alfie

Jen and Alfie Member

Hi everyone

It's been one whole year since we lost our wonderful Alfie bear and I wanted to stop by an update those of you who were so helpful to us on this board this time last year. I've tried to come back a few times in the last 12 months but it's been too upsetting. I promised myself that I had to do it before a year was up, so here I am!

It's been an up and down year, and we still miss his little furry face every day. He keeps us company on the mantlepiece above the fire, which was always his favourite spot (his ashes that is, we've not had him stuffed!!)

The pain never really goes away, but there's always another little furry out there that needs a home, so we do have a new troublemaker in the house, who goes by the name of Cheeko who it's time you all met, so here's a pic. He's not as grumpy as Alfie Bear used to be, but he is quite a bit more bitey (and chatty). He's also much better at catching things than Alfie ever was. We're currently on pigeon number 5.

I hope you and your fur babies are all doing well! I'm heading over to the supply closet to give away some of the leftover things we have that might be of use to someone else.

Hugs and chirps

Jen, Rich, Cheeko & Alfie :rb_icon:

Attached Files:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to see your post! :bighug: No, you can never replace a kitty - they're each an individual in their own right. Cheeko is awfully cute! He looks like he could be a mischief maker. :smuggrin:

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

So good to hear from you Jen! Yes, you'll always miss your baby, but it's so nice that you've adopted a new one! He can't take over Alfie's place, but he can help fill the hole in your heart.

4. Caitlin M

Caitlin M Well-Known Member

Oh my GOODNESS that little face! Such personality in it. And that notched ear! Cheeko is adorable. I don't think we ever crossed lines on the forum but it's nice to meet you Jen! Our babies will always be with us even when we invite another into our homes. Loving vibes to you!

5. Jen and Alfie

Jen and Alfie Member

Thanks everyone :bighug:

I was surprised at how difficult it was to come back and write that message, even so far on. It was such an intense few months and such a rollercoaster for us last year, looking back I'm not sure how we managed it. I certainly wouldn't have coped without all you wonderful people! It's true that caring for a diabetic cat creates a really strong bond! :cat:

Djamila and Kris & Teasel like this.
  6. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Oh Jen! So good to see you!!! Your new fur baby is absolutely adorable! What a handsome kitty!!! I'm so glad you stopped by to say hi and give us a little update on how you're doing. Alfie will always be your extra-sweet baby and your guardian angel, and opening your home and heart to a new little one just expands your love. You're right, there is nothing like the bond we have with our sugar cats. :bighug::cat::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.