? Online vendors for test strips?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bojangles' Mom, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bojangles' Mom

Bojangles' Mom Member

Sorry, I'm not sure where actually to post this. Does anyone know of reputable online sellers of test strips? I have an Accuchek meter. 100 strips at CVS/Walgreens style stores are close to $180. I see online vendors selling 200 strips for $126 (Diabetic Direct Supply); 100 strips for $60 (Total Diabetes Supply) and others...When the prices get as low as that it makes me wonder if the vendor can be trusted and if the test strips will also be reliable Does anyone know of an affordable, reliable vendor? Who do you use?

2. Mogmom and Goofus

Mogmom and Goofus Well-Known Member

Since I discovered that I can use the Freestyle Lite strips with mr AlphaTrak meter, I've always bought my strips on eBay, never had a problem.

3. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

I've never used this site myself, but other people on FDMB recommend it (and I would use it if I needed supplies):
    http://www.adwdiabetes.com

4. Bojangles' Mom

Bojangles' Mom Member

Thank you. Definitely the prices are way better there!

5. pevsfreedom

pevsfreedom Well-Known Member

I use a bayer contour next meter and buy 300 test strips for $65 shipped on Amazon which is about as cheap as you'll find I think. Heard bad things about the Freestyle meters but they're very cheap too.

6. Bojangles' Mom

Bojangles' Mom Member

Thank you. I did place an order with: http://www.adwdiabetes.com - current coupon code: retailme5, good through 9/30 save 5%. However if anyone has other suggestions, I'm always open to saving money on these supplies if it is with a reputable company.

7. pevsfreedom

I buy my 1/2 unit syringes from ADW diabetes. Definitely the cheapest source. If you order stuff from there try to spend the $100 or whatever and get free shipping too. I ended up with 1000 syringes because I bought 2 boxes of 500 lol for free shipping.

Just so you know you can shop around for everything. strips, lancets, and even insulin - sometimes I find it from canadian pharmacies for $150 for a vial. http://www.77canadapharmacy.net/prescription/lantus/ (servers are down at present moment but I ordered from there last week and everything went great).

8. Bojangles' Mom

Bojangles' Mom Member

Great, thanks for the tip. I'm always unsure when the price is so undercut...are the more expensive stores just "sticking it to us" or are the less expensive vendors selling inferior products? One more thing we shouldn't have to worry about when we're trying to take care of our furry family members.

9. pevsfreedom

Everyone has different suppliers and operating costs. Some places definitely do 'stick it' while others are barely making a profit, even though they are charging more then they should be. For the most part you can be rest assured you aren't getting inferior products - there's billions of $'s in the quality assurance industry that assure that (or else we (the consumer) sues them!).

10. Bojangles' Mom

Bojangles' Mom Member

P.S. Thanks for the tip on the 1/2 unit syringes. I'd wondered if they made those as they vet thinks Bojangles is approaching the 1/2 unit stage!

11. pevsfreedom

12. Bojangles' Mom

Bojangles' Mom Member

I wonder if your local vet or even a humane society might be able to use them? Maybe you could get a tax credit if you donated them. I'm hopeful to not need anything near that quantity. Have you posted those on the for sale/for free listing - maybe someone else could use them?

13. pevsfreedom

Oh sorry I'll still use them - I just had never used them and ordered 1000 of them and don't like the 1/2 unit syringes, but I still gotta give insulin! :) I just won't buy half marked syringes again, whenever if ever I buy syringes again lol.

14. Cat Ma

Cat Ma Well-Known Member

I found the 1/2 marked syringes on the u100 syringes very helpful when I was giving CJ insulin. You never know when you may need the 1/2 dose.

Critter Mom likes this.
  15. pevsfreedom

I do .5 a lot but find it easier to measure without the lines oddly enough.

Zephyr's Brother likes this.
  16. Bojangles' Mom

Bojangles' Mom Member

Good to know you can use them!

17. Bojangles' Mom

Bojangles' Mom Member

I'm ordering some of the 1/2 units, just a box, as the vet thinks we're nearing the half-unit mark with Bojangles. I don't like the idea of eyeballing the dose. The 1 unit is so small, I don't like the "guesstimate" the smaller doses. I hope we will find them helpful too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.