Organic Turkey and Organic Spinach Formula

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

I feel a fool asking another food question.. I am not quite educated completely on how you brilliant people come up with the low carb foods.. even with data at my fingertips :YMSIGH:

I know I need as fed analysis.. BUT this is a very general question.. DO any ingredients stand out as NOT GOOD, besides the brown rice?
    My civie (((Sadi))) is soooooooooooooo picky & went to town on this tonight!!! I will not introuduce to (((Baby))) in remission if it a complete no go!! Thanks!

Organic Turkey and Organic Spinach Formula

Ingredients: Organic Turkey, Water sufficient for processing, Organic Chicken, Organic Chicken Liver, Organic Brown Rice, Organic Spinach, Organic Guar Gum, Sea Salt, Calcium Sulfate, Organic Flaxseed Meal, Tricalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Minerals (Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide), Vitamins (Vitamin E, A, D3, B12 Supplements, Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin), Taurine, Choline Chloride.

Certified Organic By: Oregon Tilth, Inc.

Guaranteed Analysis:
    Crude Protein (min)....8.5%
    Crude Fat (min)....6.5%
    Crude Fiber (max)....1.0%
    Moisture (max).... 78.0%
    Ash (max) 2.0%
    Magnesium (max) 0.030%
    Taurine (min) 0.05%

2. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Well, since the Spinach is listed as the last 'real' ingredient....just before the Guar Gum (a thickener), I would
    say there is very little of it in there.

I would say the brown rice in there would have more of an effect than the spinach.

What is the Brand Name, and have you checked Janet & Binky's Food charts for it ?

Try some and see if it substantially effects BG.

Otherwise, no advice, here.

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Although I see nothing wrong with adding some green to the food.

Nicole - rather than looking at all the commercial products and questioning the ingredients all the time, how about seeing if your cats would enjoy eating raw food instead. And if they like it, you may want to consider making your own, that way you know exactly what's in it and won't have to question if the ingredients are good or not.

Just a thought - it's what I'm doing, making my own raw.

4. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, Hilary! Baby eats Raw - I only give her canned when I am at work so the Raw does not sit out allday. I have tried everything it seems to get Sadi on Raw, but she will not eat it. Any ideas? Baby is a Raw addict though & I will only ever feed Raw in the future for sure!!

5. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Some cats will just not do raw...mine certainly won't and I stopped trying long ago. The food you've listed looks reasonable; brown rice will have a lower glycemic level than white rice, but nobody knows how your specific cat will respond. So if you are desperate to find a food that is healthy and both cats will eat, you can always give it a try and monitor closely...

6. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole-

What if you flash-boiled Sadi's food so it's not totally raw. All you have to do is drop the nugget of raw into hot water (not even boiling) and let it cook a bit so the outside isn't raw and some of the inside is still raw. Boomer would actually eat this. Since you already have Baby's raw in the house, it's worth a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.