Orion has Feline aids & now Diabetes?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Asia417, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asia417

Asia417 New Member

I am new here, my baby Orion was diagnosed with Diabetes on 11/15/17. He is also FIV positive so this little soul is quite sick.I had taken him in 3 yrs.ago all bruised an battered.He was loosing his teeth & they were abscessed,the vet did blood and found him to have Diabetes? I am so afraid for him...:(

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and sweet Orion. It’s a scary diagnosis, but we can help. Come to the Main Health Forum, tell us more about your baby and ask any questions you have. :bighug:

Asia417 likes this.
  3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! Sounds like Orion has a lot of issues, but he is fortunate to have you to take care of him.

Asia417 likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome. The good news about the diabetes is that it is very treatable. It is not a death sentence and cats can live long healthy lives when it's properly treated. Diabetes does tend to make them more susceptible to dental issues.

Unlike most animals, humans included, cats have the unique ability to have their pancreas heal and regain function. Not all cats go into a remission, but some do, either temporarily like my cat (1 year) or long term.

We are here to help and support you if you need us.

Asia417 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.