? OSCAR (Canada) - High numbers Curve HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Oscar & Mom Sheila, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar & Mom Sheila

Oscar & Mom Sheila Member

? 1/8/17 OSCAR's 2ND CURVE - Dosage advice please!

Oscar is presently on ONE drop of Lantus.
    AMPS - 337/ +2 - 275/ +4 - 252/ +6 - 243/ +8 - 344/ +10 - 317/ PMPS - 232/ +2 - 202
    I need to know whether it's best to increase the dose as of tomorrow morning & to what amount.

Also did ketones using Diastix. The stick showed beige 1/2 (28). what on earth does this mean.

@Marje and Gracie @Doodles & Karen @Tuxedo Mom

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Are you using Keto Diastix or Diastix? Diastix only measure glucose in the urine. You need the KetoDiastix to measure ketones. Beige on the KetoDiastix indicates nil to trace ketones. Sorry but as Mom to a high dose kitty, I'll leave dosing suggestions to those more familiar with Lantus low dosing.

3. Oscar & Mom Sheila

Oscar & Mom Sheila Member

Hi there @MrWorfMen's Mom. My goodness, I'm learning! Diastix is what I used to measure. Is this the right stuff or the wrong stuff? I need to know for the next time I do it.
    Also I need feedback on the curve as to whether to increase or not. Thanks.

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Bayer makes different reagent strips. There is Diastix for glucose, KetoDiastix for glucose and ketones and Ketostix for ketones only. If you have the Diastix then you are measuring glucose only and those are not the strips you need. The KetoDiastix or Ketostix are what you need to use for ketones. Hopefully someone more familiar with Lantus and low dosing will be by shortly as I have a high dose cat and am not familiar with the low dosing you are doing. It does appear that Oscar's numbers are somewhat up today compared to previous days which may just be an off day or indicate there might be an infection brewing.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

On SLGS, you take a look at the general nadirs to decide what to do. With nadirs generally below 150, you would hold the dose. The thing that worries me is that 47 in the middle of the 12th. Something that low would mean a reduction. However, you didn't get any follow on tests (which you should to make sure he's coming up), so it's hard to say if that test was a good test. That low was the only green he's seen on this dose.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Do you think you could get a 2 drop dose?

Oscar & Mom Sheila likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A possible answer for the higher numbers for the curve today is a bounce. Yesterday during the day he went from pink to blue, signalling that he was breaking a bounce. He might have gone lower last night, as many cats do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.