OT- Easter hazards for kitties

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by katiesmom, Apr 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katiesmom

katiesmom Member

I feel I must warn of a couple of holiday hazards for kitties-
    • Cellophane Easter grass-
      PLEASE be extremely careful with cellophane easter grass! I cannot stress this enough. The grass is very enticing to cats and they cannot digest it. And to make matters worse, it's very hard to clean up, the single stands are almost transparent and very static-y and can cling to anything. If swallowed, it can be extremely dangerous and even fatal. Don't just assume your cat will "pass it" if swallowed. A much safer alternative is the shredded tissue paper for Easter Baskets. You can easily find it in many stores.

• Easter Lillies-
      They are beautiful, but deadly to cats. They are extremely, extremely poisonous. We personally know of a kitty that nibbled on one and was poisoned. Her human immediately got her to a vet but she still did not recover. Please do not allow your cats to come into contact with a Easter Lily. It's just safer not to bring any into the house.
    I cringe every year when I am at the stores and see these knowing some kitties are going to die because their human simply didn't know any better.

Please have a Happy and safe Easter!

Jeanne likes this.
  2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Wish they would include a note on lillies about that.

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.