OT National Hairball Awareness Day & Update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anne & Zener GA, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I know it's every day in Lantus & Levemir Land but yesterday was officially National Hairball Awareness Day!
    https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/hairball-awareness-day/

We are doing fine. Tillie turned 16 on Tuesday! She has IBD and gets some prednisolone every day but keeps plugging along. There is a young cat (we call her Gigi) that comes in the yard and they get along ok, which means they don't fight. I think that Gigi cleared out the mice from the compost, which I greatly appreciate, but I don't appreciate her getting a finch off the bird bath. Anne has ordered a taller stand and we are going to put spikes on the ground to discourage that. Otherwise, Tillie is enjoying being an only kitty. We sure miss our Zener, it's been 1.5 years since he went to the Rainbow Bridge.

We are both retired now (Anne 2 years ago and me in January). It's been a completely smooth transition. :) I am getting to do my regular exercise routine, which will include a one day hike across the Grand Canyon in a couple of weeks. And I have a garden to put in. Not sure why, it didn't do much last year. I guess I need to get some fertilizer. Anne is busy with Paralympic and wheelchair rugby work. We plan to stay in Flagstaff with a bit of traveling.
    Liz

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

What a great report and we are so happy to hear you are all doing well and enjoying retirement. Happy belated birthday, Miss Tillie.

It's so hard to believe it has been 1.5 years since sweet Zener crossed. I know how very much you both miss him and we all also miss all the Zener fun days. He was such a great kitty.

Hey when are you coming back to Tucson? I've gotten totally hooked on The Tasteful Kitchen and took Jason and Michael there (vegetarians). Of course, we drug Mike along similar to your DBIL :)

Love and miss you both!

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad things are going well for you both and Tillie is doing well. Happy Birthday to her. I can't believe it's been 1.5 years since Zener went to the Rainbow Bridge. I hope you smile when you remember him. Thanks for the update.

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

What a lovely surprise to see a condo from you, Liz!!! I'm so happy for an update on you, Anne and Tillie. I also can't believe it's been 1.5 years since we lost Zener. What a special guy he was. It's great you are enjoying retirement. I bet you're finding the days fly by and there's never enough time to do everything - that's how it is with me.

Sending belated birthday scritches to Tillie!

5. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Wonderful update!! Congrats on total retirement there - it must be awesome!! Happy Birthday to Miss Tillie. As the others said, L&LL certainly is a different place without Zener, but we also know his bright spirit is shining down on us...

6. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

I guess some people know how to do retirement right! Some day I'll figure it out. ;)

South Rim to North Rim? A night at Phantom Ranch? Sounds great. And painful! I do well at the Lodge.

Hope Miss Tillie had a great 16th! Mousies?

And we all miss Zener. Such a presence. Hugs.

Marilyn and Polly

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's great to get a Liz and Anne report. :bighug: Good to hear you are figuring out this retirement thing - busiest I've ever been. Nothing like regular exercise too. :) Are you going to Rio this year?

I miss Zener too - he had such a big personality and I think if him every time someone talks about the happy crap dash. He had such flair. Scritches to Miss Tillie. There may be enough mice to go around for all.

8. Anne & Zener GA

Hi there, from Anne. We sure do miss our big guy and are so happy to see so many remember him and his unique personality. Our house still seems empty without him. Tillie is doing her best to keep Zener's domain (the backyard) under control.

@pollydoodle - Liz is doing the north rim to south rim in one day! I'm the drive around to the other driver. I won't get over to the south rim in the car that much faster than they will walk it! We will spend two nights on the north rim before and one night on the south rim after.

@Wendy&Neko - no Rio for me, it's time for others to have a turn. I am a reserve in case someone isn't able to go last minute. I will be in Vancouver (actually, in Richmond) 22-27 June for the International Wheelchair Rugby Federation Canada Cup tournament at the Oval. It is the last big event before Rio, so many of the teams playing in Rio will be at this event as a tune up. Not sure if I will have any free time to come visit, will have to see as the time gets closer. I would love to come visit Neko and Theo (and you and DH of course)!

Anne

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would LOVE to see you again that week Anne. 22nd is DM's 94th birthday but I should have time earlier in the week. Maybe I should come to see a game if you are otherwise too busy to visit here. DH is off to the US Rowing Northwest Masters Regional Championship at the end of that week.

10. Anne & Zener GA

@Marje and Gracie No immediate plans to come to Tucson. Everyone is coming up here in a couple of weeks to hike. It will be quite the production. I'm glad you like The Tasteful Kitchen! Poor Mike... :joyful: We miss you too! Lotsa love, I think of you often.
    Liz

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Tobey misses his godmama's.

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, what a neat thing to see this condo! Happy Birtyday, Tillie! Zener and the gang at the Bridge will be looking down and enjoying the Party.
    Yo Tillie, I bakes you a cimmamum birthday cake!
    Rusty

You guys are so busy. We are happy that we got to see you in NY City. Enjoy the Grand Canyon festivities and come back to NY to visit us again soon.

Hugs and scritches,
    Ella, Edward and Rusty

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  13. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

dang, I want to have a visit too! Are Detective Poo and Inspector Crap Dash coming to Oregon?

How did I miss that you retired in January, Liz? Congratulations - I'm sure it's very, very easy to get used to that. I've got a while to go before I find out though. Anne, you're a pro at it now!

I also can't believe it's been that long since Zener left us. I miss the little guy. Our little ones never stay long enough. It will be 3 years in a couple of weeks since Punkin passed. You'll be happy to know that my youngest daughter adopted an all black kitty. She named her Sophia. She's a very timid cat and just right for my girl. I thought of Zener when she picked her.

Happy birthday dear Tillie! :kiss::kiss: Gigi, stay away from those birdies or I will have to come and scold you in person! :eek:

Have fun doing the hike, Liz, and being the driver, Anne. Great to see you guys. Although I "see" you on FB, it isn't quite the same as a Zener condo. Or a National Hairball Awareness Day condo, lol.

Lifting a birthday toast to Tillie. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

14. Anne & Zener GA

Would LOVE for you to come see a game! Canada is a favorite to win. Will keep you posted on my schedule as I learn more!

15. Anne & Zener GA

@julie & punkin (ga) There is an orange kitty, Mammoth, at our local shelter right now. He reminds me so much of punkin. :) :bighug:
    Liz

16. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I like his name! Maybe you need to adopt him . . . since he's stuck in your mind and he reminds you of a great soul.;)

17. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Liz! and Anne too! :coffee::coffee::coffee:

How NICE to see this report. I am so glad all is well with you both. Isn't retirement wonderful??? I'm enjoying mine, and have never looked back to "what was" Sure do not miss the daily grind. Enjoy yours!

I love the thought of hiking the day in the Canyon. One of these days I would really like to see it for real. paws crossed!

Happy Birthday to Tillie! i a glad she is keeping all well controlled there. and she has a new friend too. Wow, maybe a new kitty for you then? Maybe? Seems that the shelter one has your attention. Maybe?
    We all miss Zener too. He was such a unique soul, I know you miss having him around. It is hard for me to grasp that it has been 1.5 years since he crossed to the Bridge.

Enjoy all that lies before you. Tillie, hope you celebrated your birthday well.

18. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Liz and Anne, and Tillie:):):cat:. Happy Birthday to Tillie! That is a great birthday, kisses to her:kiss::kiss:. It's cool she has a kitty "friend", but enjoys the house to herself. I can't believe Z has been gone that long:(. I just had the 2 year mark from saying good bye to my Chyna a few weeks ago. It seems like forever, and also like yesterday...

Congrats on the retirement for both of you. I hope you're enjoying your time, it sounds like you are both keeping busy! It's nice to see a condo from you. Much hugs!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What a lovely condo! Add me to the places to come visit. Columbus may not be as scenic as the venues for some of your invitations but I would hope the company would make up for it! At the very least, Gizmo would be entertaining.

How could we not miss Zener or not want to hear about Tillie?

20. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Awww Tillie is sweet-16! Here's to many more! Glad to hear she's doing well.
    It's so nice to see an Anne-and-Liz-and-Tillie condo. And, of course, your amazing Z Man will always be a part of L&LL -- that goes without saying! Sure do miss that guy. **insert heartfelt sigh here**

Sounds like you both have been keeping busy, and have more fun things ahead!
    Happy adventuring you you both!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.