(OT xpost; sorry) any Vetsulin-familiar eyes around?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JJ & Gwyn, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

I'm cross-posting this because the Vetsulin board's not really busy these days and I'm hoping that at least some of the folks here may have had experience with it. To the rest of the folks here, sorry for the OT.

Brian first posted a couple of days ago. His Podo is on 3u Vetsulin BID. We've gone over the basic stuff (Vetsulin may not be the best choice, discontinued, suggest lower dose, test for ketones, change food, home-test, etc, etc). He now has a spreadsheet up and a handful of data points on it; he's working on getting more data.

Unfortunately, I'm not a Vetsulin user, and have no knowledge of its nuances. Podo isn't hypoing (at the moment, anyway); I suspect she may be in rebound, but am not really certain -- I'm not a Vetsulin user and don't know it's nuances. If anyone with some Vetsulin knowledge could drop in on Brian's thread and have a look, I'd appreciate it -- and I'm sure Brian and Podo would too!

Their thread is here.

Thanks!

-- Jean and her Gwyn

2. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Vetsulin. Ugh. Still kicking myself for wasting ~6 months trying to get that stuff to work for Donovan :-|

3. Amanda

Amanda Member

I'm no expert, but I will certainly head over there and see if I can add anything. I just switched off the vetsulin after 3 months of trying to make it work- and I too am kicking myself for waiting so long!

4. myla

myla Member

Purrcie was started on Vetsulin. It was awful. Then he was put on Humulin. Just as bad. So far Lantus has been our hero.
    (Paws crossed anti jinx)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.