Out of remission

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sara and Mr. Kitty, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sara and Mr. Kitty Member

Hi everyone, well, Mr. Kitty is out of remission (I think) so we're back. We had new carpet installed, new furniture delivered, and a bout of sloppy pooh and vomit (we're thinking from a bag of Zero Mature) all in the last 3 weeks. Too much stress is my guess? Anyways, I've tested him periodically over the last 9 months and he went from 80-120's to 397 then back down, then back up...so we're heading to the vet next Monday to check for dental issues. Thanks for all the support :cat:

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

You know we are going to be right here to help with whatever you need. Just update the signature, keep the spreadsheet updated to with all your testing data.

Hoping this is a one off for Mr. Kitty, but know that it's possible for a kitty to get back into remission. No promises but some have had more than one remission. So, paws crossed for both of you.

Please check back in and let us know how it's going. :cat:

Sara and Mr. Kitty likes this.
  3. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sara and Mr. Kitty Member

Thank you! I updated my signature and will update again after our vet visit. I’m a little confused on whether we should switch insulin brands this time or not. Do you have recommendations on what forums to post those questions to?

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

In my time here, I keep reading that the depot insulins are very effective with feline diabetes. They are more gentle and longer lasting than Vetsulin or even Prozinc. Vetsulin was formulated for dogs, and and Prozinc was formulated for cats, but they both are what is called "in & out" insulins. Prozinc has worked very well for some members and the depot insulins are the most expensive. You can read about Prozinc in that insulin support group forum, and the "depot" insulins in the Lantus, Levemir and Basaglar forum. Many members buy the depot insulins from Marks Marine Pharmacy in Canada, because they are so darned expensive in the U.S. You can ask the question on the Main Health forum HERE and get experienced and knowledgeable input.

Sara and Mr. Kitty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.