Overweight cat

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sam the cat, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam the cat

Sam the cat New Member

Update on todd , I got him to the vet and he has fluids in his body cavity, I have had him drained probably 5 times already. They did x-rays and blood work but they haven't came up with the cause, they also gave me heart pills to give him, I don't know how they came up with the pills if they don't know the cause. Has anyone had any problems with this same thing?

2. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Extra fluid causes the heart to have to work harder. Have you looked up the medication to see what it is for? It may be a duretic to help remove some of the excess fluid.

3. Sam the cat

Sam the cat New Member

I am going to look for information about this right now. Thank you

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Where was/is the fluid?
    - In the abdominal cavity? That is called ascites. The causes is many and includes cancer. A diuretic is not usually prescribed.
    - The other is fluid around the heart. it can be due to a heart problem. A diuretic is commonly prescribed.

5. Sam the cat

Sam the cat New Member

The fluid is around the stomach area . He has a heart mermor , this is the third week, my cat just keeps getting weeker, 14 years old, I know that nothing lives forever but I would do anything for him,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.