Overwhelmed.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by J B 1, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J B 1

J B 1 New Member

Our 10 yr old cat was just diagnosed. Have been overwhelmed with information in last two days. He is not the warm and fuzzy type, but so sweet. Don't know how he will react to all of this. Fingers crossed.

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to FDMB.

There is a lot of info to go through and lots to learn but I guarantee it gets easier. My cat wasn't the warm and fuzzy kind either but she turned out to be the most co-operative little "patient" I could have ever hoped for. The main thing to remember is that our cats pick up on our emotions so if we are apprehensive, they will be too. You need to approach testing and giving injections with a "can do" attitude so kitty gains confidence in you.

Sometimes it's necessary to de-sensitize the cat to the process by going through the steps one at a time and offering a treat even if kitty doesn't comply so they learn to associate a good treat with the treatment.

Come join us over on the Health Forum HERE and tell us a bit more about your cat and ask any and all questions you have. We're here to help make your journey as smooth as possible for both you and your kitty.

3. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

My cat is very food motivated - her cooperation is directly tied to her testing treat!

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.