Pearl 2/12 Check out this...Bupe effect?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karen & Pearl, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Wow, if you look at our spreadsheet you can see that Pearl started going in to the 100s but then went up again. Then we started having what appears to be a pancreatic attack. Today I gave her a little Bupe. Do you see this?

AMPS
    392 3.25u
    +6 184
    +11 161
    Gave 2u at +14 204

Wow. She *is* eating. Some of it, even higher carb. She is certainly eating more than the last couple of days. She may not be up to previous levels but boy that is a dramatic effect. Something to keep in mind if you ever have to give your cat buprenex, his/her bgs may drop as pain stress drops. It's really the only thing I can figure happened her.

2. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

Karen, is really is amazing what the pain and then the relief from it can do. Last summer right before I switched Moochie's insulin she had a flare. Once she started the bupe and started eating again her BG got really lovely. I actually wasn't even giving her shots of PZI bid. I waited until she evened out a little before making the switch to Lev because of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.