Pet Safe feeders- question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nancy and Cody, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

I recently bought a Petsafe 2 meal feeder, and my little Cody acromaniac has figured out how to pull the tray out and break into it early. I wrote the company and they are offering to exchange it for the 5 meal feeder, which is much bigger and takes quite a few large batteries, whereas the 2 meal needs 1 AA. I'm home most of the time so the 5 meal feeder is really overkill.

Anybody have any experience with these feeders? :?:

2. Harley's Mom

Harley's Mom Member

I bought the 5 meal feeder and have used it myself. Most of the time I use it only twice a day because I just use it for feeding once while I am at work and once around midnight. It works great and none of my 4 cats have gotten into it before a meal. It does use 4 D cell batteries but I assume they will last a long time.

It is a big dish and each compartment will easily hold a 5.5 oz can. Even though I haven't used it to feed 5 meals I am glad I have it in case I need to go off for the weekend or something.

3. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Go with the 5 compartment one. It's much more sturdier and cat-proof. The 2 compartments ones are too easily broken into and flipped/pushed around by stubborn cats. Plus the ticking noise of the timer is annoying after awhile.

4. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I have the two meal feeder....and love it. I haven't had a problem with it at all. No one has tried to break into it or bat it around. I would recommend it...but I do have to agree...the ticking noise can be a little overkill, lol

5. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

A couple days ago the ticking noise got to me, so I pulled the battery. Last night after not using it a few days I went to bed early, so I set the feeder, and guess what? It didn't open, because I forgot about the battery. So the 5 meal doesn't tick? :?:

6. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Nope. No ticking noise. It's quiet except for a small whirr noise as the bowl rotates to the next compartment at the scheduled time. You don't need to take the batteries out, either. If you do, you will have to reprogram in the feeding times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.