Pig 2/16 amps 342; +3 367; +5 376; +7 347; pmps 376 ; +3 386; +4 342

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Well, things were a bit different last night. Pig saw a big nose dive in just an hour from a +2 of 316 to a +3 of 266, which was even after he had a bit of a snack. Needless to say, I stayed up and kept testing. However, he just kept going up and up. Can his body respond to such a fast drop that suddenly? As in he was going all bouncy again? I do not know if it can happen that fast, but Pig is incredibly reluctant to hang out in yellow and almost always responds in kind. About how long should it take the Levemir depot to fill? I assume that as the Levemir is filling the Lantus is draining. Of course, all of this could be due to the lowered dose. Questions, Questions, and more Questions... Wish Pig would quit guarding his secrets so tightly...

Now, when can we look at adding the R back into the mix? Or, do we think it is a good idea to fast track the Levemir and up on the 5th cycle instead of using R? At least, until we get back to a functionable dose. I honestly really like the use of the R, because without it I seem to be fighting a forest fire with only a spray bottle... However, things could be totally different with Levemir.

2. LuvinThisPig

Well, I suppose Pig answered my bounce question all on his own... smh
    Up and up he goes... Hopefully there is enough depot to tamp it down a bit..

3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

No advice on dosage sorry. But can give you some traffic to bump up the condo.

I wouldn't say that was big dive...he went up at +2 - food bump? then a 50 point drop isn't too big. Not sure how low he went yesterday during the day. But I would bet he stayed in the yellow zone for most of it. So maybe a bounce from a perceived low.

That is a pretty flat day. He may drop back down to yellow before you know.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

Agreed... I just though about that. I have so much going on, I sometimes forget to look at waves and get stuck in the one cycle... :oops:

You are right, of course! Thank you! I worried at the drop because he really never has responded to the depot insulins like that before. Not that fast. Maybe over a few hours time or so, but not within the hour! I should have though of all this... :banghead:

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

It is all new and sometimes the forest can not be seen for the trees. Don't beat yourself up.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I think that fast tracking L is a better idea. Wait the full 4 Levemir cycles, and if you don't see any yellow, take it up 2 units. Don't count last night, the Lantus depot was still in play then. You will likely see impacts of the Lantus depot for at least 6 cycles, due to the size of the dose.
    Onset is usually a couple hours later with Levemir. At +2, you could just be seeing the effects of the previous cycle's insulin wearing off, plus a food bump. It may or may not be a bounce starting. Later tests this cycle will tell more.

Can I ask a favour? Could you put in a blank coloured line on the SS to make it obvious at a glance when you switched insulins. Take a look at
    Asia's SS as an example.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  7. LuvinThisPig

Okay... We can a do that! One day I will learn the intricacies of all this... I hope.

Absolutley! I will do that as soon as I get back to the computer...

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  8. LuvinThisPig

Well... I did my best with it. For the life of me, I could not figure out how to get rid of the columns in the rows I inserted, so it looks a little choppy. It does serve the purpose, though.. :D

Wendy&Neko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.