please help another syringe question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by redchief, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redchief

redchief New Member

I just went out and got the lantus pens. The doctor put her on 1 and a half units. Is it very hard to measure that small amout. I'm having a hard time finding syringes in my local pharmacy that are 1/2 units.

Thanks so much.

Rob & Missy

2. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Hi,

can't see where you are in the world, but if it's America-

can get Relion 0.3cc, 31 gauge x 5/16" length syringes. Either from pharmacy or Walmart (I'm not sure as in Europe myself, but know you can get these syringes thare) I am sterotyping you based on your post name-sorry :smile:

Fantastic that you've got Lantus-sooo many have had wonderful success.

Good luck :mrgreen:

3. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

4. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

I posted a link in one of your previous threads to an old thread with what brands of half unit marked insulin syringes members use and where to buy. Perhaps you missed it. Here is the link ---> http://www.felinediabetes.com/phorum5/r ... 22,1959486

Any Human pharmacy will have half unit marked insulin syringes. Sometimes the pharmacist just doesn't know what half unit marked insulin syringes are :roll:

Here is one brand that I really liked to use with Lantus: http://www.bd.com/us/diabetes/page.aspx ... 02&id=7407 It is the 3/10 cc ones with half unit markings and comes in a purple box that clearly has "half unit markings" right on the box.

[​IMG]

These BD UltraFine II insulin syringes are pretty pricey, almost $30 for a box of 100. You don't need to use expensive insulin syringes at all. A lesser expensive brand will work just as well :smile: Monojects and GNP brands are good.

If you're in the US, you can order from Hocks.com and other online pharmacies with no prescription. In the meantime, just eyeball where the half unit is between the 1 unit line and the 2 unit line. Or, just give your cat 1 unit of Lantus for now. Stick with the dose for at least a week before increasing it to 1.5 units. By that time, you will have received your half unit marked insulin syringes in the mail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.