Please HELP (Civi) update he's much better.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jt and trouble (GA), Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Waldo got out of the house (after I had already gone to bed). I woke to a howling noise. Waldo is laying in the living room, yeowling and panting tongue hanging out.He obviously was running (at least he made it back home) I'm just panicked. he has asthma and cardiomyopathy. Do I give him some enalapril? Plavix? Inhaler? He has settled down some. Do I rush 20 mi to the ER?...

I'm between panic and anger hubby didnt close the door properly (was out withthe boys) I should kick his butt.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
    jeanne

Update: I think he is going to be OK. No more panting and he even ate some food.
    Hubby on the other hand...
    j.

2. Pam and Layla

Pam and Layla Member

Re: Please HELP (Civi)

Is there any change Jeanne?

I can't advise about those medications - but if Waldo still appears to be in distress do take him to the ER. You can be mad at DH tomorrow, but right now, you need to focus on Waldo.

I would opt for the ER rather than panicking all night.

I hope all is well by now, but please, do keep us posted.

Pam & Layla

3. jt and trouble (GA)

Thanks Pam. Waldo seems to be much better. He even ate and had some water. He's now curled up on his blanky. I will keep an eye on him. I know how heart problems can be. Last time we rushed him to ER at 3:AM.
    Thanks for your response.
    jeanne

update from community: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22839

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

You may want to use the albuterol inhaler it will help open his airway and allow for easier breathing aand if needed give an extra flovent too.

5. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Hi Jeanne,

How is Waldo doing tonight? Sorry if I missed a different update. Have been getting on off and on here, and not able to keep up with everything, but I know you must have been worried sick about Waldo. He sounds like my Schooner. Heart troubles and stuff. Guess it is really hot out your way too.

Take care, sending prayers...
    Hugs,
    Jean and Charcoal (GA)

6. jt and trouble (GA)

Thanks for asking Jean. Waldo is back to his normal fiesty self. You'd never know there was a problem I was scared (you know whatless) because he was wailing like the night he had his first heartattack. I thought for sure this was his 9th life. It took him a day but he has rebounded nicely.

I wish I could afford to get his heart re-evaluated but we will just have to keep doing what we are doing. Less the night time excursions of course. ;)

jeanne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.