Please help my baby

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Maine coon mommy, Dec 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maine coon mommy

Maine coon mommy New Member

my cat was diagnosed Saturday with diabetes levels at 600 leading up to the blood work my baby lost 3,5 pounds as extremely constipated took xrays gave anima and I was to give him this sticky dark green thick liquid. Which didn’t really help ! He won’t eat anything but a little dry food pure balance high protein hes lost more weight since Saturday .vet said starting Monday (vet showed me how to give shot Sunday) give 2 units every 12 hours & feed after each dose but he won’t eat each dose made him more sleepy & sluggish to the point were he didn’t want to move I skipped Tuesday nights dose . I’ve tried fancy feast , racheal Ray , Sheba, pure balance & crave wet food in the past 2 weeks as well as different flavors, he wants nothing to do with wet food. This morning I got him to eat half a piece of turkey lunch meat then I gave him 2 units he went to his spot and started napping . I left the dry food I mention early out because I was so worried I just wanted him to eat but he barely nibbled. So Wednesday night I gave him 1 unit & again tried to feed him but even the lunch meat was a no go. After 1 or 2 he starts puking . He’s still pooping & peeing a lot but barely nibbling his food & drinking a little water , he used to be a very healthy happy playful cat I’m so upset I don’t no what to do I’m literally getting sick & having nightmares ! Please please help my baby , any advice please

2. JessieV

JessieV Member

I am not an expert- they will be on later. Did they check your cat for pancreatitis? Is he handleable enough to force feed him some? Can you boil some chicken for him? Have you tried pouring tuna juice over some of his food. Does your vet know what's happening? The cat is probably dehydrated and needs fluids. He needs a vet visit now. Can the vet give you an appetite stimulant? From what I know- no insulin unless they've eaten. I am so sorry this is happening. My cat had diarrhea and vomiting and stopped eating and had to leave him at the vets on an IV. My cat is O.K. now.

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I agree I think you need to get your kitty in to the vet today. Not eating can lead to many other problems. Be sure the vet checks for ketones. You may need antinausea meds, appetite stimulant, and be sure to get a feeding syringe in case you need to assist feed. Please keep us posted. When you get his eating sorted out, we can help you with all the rest.

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I agree with Sharon that your kitty needs to be checked out by your vet.

5. Maine coon mommy

Maine coon mommy New Member

Ok so I took him to the vet & he stayed over night & both days all day. For 2 days he had no insulin vet had to, force feed baby food . His levels were 100-171 tested 5 times in those 2 days no insulin ! I picked him up late Friday night & he ate about 2oz of wet food & nibble on dry food yesterday but nothing today & not drinking ! We did a blood panel , tested his poo & xrays only thing was diabetes... but 4 days no insulin & levels under 200 but still won’t eat or drink ! Help please ! Any thoughts on cbd oil ??

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Did the vet test for pancreatitis????? It's what it sounds like. The treatment would be cerenia for nausea, sub q's for hydration, and bupe for pain. Until he's eating on his own you will need to syringe feed him. Not eating well lead to fatty liver.

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you tried making bone broth? It's usually something that most cats love and it's got lots of good nutrition in it.

8. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

I second the bone broth suggestion from Chris & China, it's saved me more than once! Might seem hard to complicated but it really is easy, I swear. I've done it with chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon, you name it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.