Please help

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Idjit's mom, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I have been posting under thread Unsure about dosing. AMPS 142 5 minutes ago, Alphatrak 2, should I give 1/2 U with first meal now? I am changing to 12 hours testing and dosing, 1/2 U.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  2. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good plan. Would you be able to get a +2 today?

3. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

I had a meter like this. There are many offers on ebay where I always got my strips the cheapest. The price is for the strips, and they just throw in the meter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bayer-Cont...413057&hash=item3cca5b564b:g:cfkAAOxy8F1RGL8o

if you don't already shop online, you will want to set up a paypal account which protects your credit card.

I would avoid any meters with the word "free" in the name, they are less accurate.

4. Idjit's mom

I will certainly try.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  5. Idjit's mom

I am amazed at this BG, no insulin yesterday.

6. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

wonderful.
    I think you can also find the meter offer at grocery stores, pharmacies but the price for strips tends to be higher .

and you can take your meter with you to the vet and show him the difference in the numbers..... they just run parallel to each other for the most part by approximately a difference of 30.

It looks to me like you caught this early by those numbers, I did that too back with Shadow. ( you can see her spreadsheet)

I would not be surprised at all if you will be earning a decrease in dose soon down to 0.25 u.

7. Idjit's mom

oh dear, down to 0.25???? You should have seen me trying to see if I was getting 0.5 this morning!! Magnifying glass and lots of worry. Still not sure I got it right. Watching him very carefully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.