? PM BG 81

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by StormysMom, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormysMom

StormysMom Member

Hi there! My girl has been OTJ and I haven't been the greatest about testing her regularly. (I'm due with my second child any day now so just the basic chores have been falling by the wayside ) Anyway, her pm level today was 81. She usually runs closer to the high 50s low 60s. Is a 20-30 point jump any reason for concern? Do I need to begin daily testing again? TIA!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I would not be concerned. My OTJ Dulce is usually in the 70's and 80's when I test him one a month. Once he was a little over 100 but when I tested him the next da he was below 90

StormysMom likes this.
  3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Agree. 81 is nothing to worry about. I wouldn't even think twice unless it's over 100, and even then, as Larry says, just up the frequency of testing and wait until you get several high numbers in a row before even thinking there might be a problem. It's probably good to try to test weekly since she's pretty recently OTJ, just to keep an eye on things, but it's quite understandable if you miss a few tests given what else you've got going on!

StormysMom likes this.
  4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Maybe she can sense you are due any day and is excited:smuggrin:

StormysMom and Caitlin M like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.