PMPS 168, +7.5 hours 81 & 74 decreased dose from 2 to 1 last night

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Supurrkitten, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supurrkitten

Supurrkitten Member

yesterday : http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...e-drama-learning-to-figure-it-all-out.177949/

SO long story short, the vet up'd Ferg to 2 units, first dose 5/16 0010. then the PMPS after that was 168. The vet told me not to test it was no big deal so I did not do a AMPS test. I know. I learned.
    This morning, I retook the BS after waiting and it was 177 &173. After reducing the dose to 1 and giving at 0058 (5/17), I got a BS of 81 & 74 at +7.5 hours.

AMPS check will be as soon as I can get home form preschool pick up possibly 1230 (EST, USA, Ohio.)

He is acting great. I hope it is up and I can do 1 unit. I would like to get back to at least 1.5 so he doesn't bounce back up.

Wish us luck.
    He is out in the common areas back to doing some normal cat stuff like chilling at the front door checking out the outside.
    image.jpg

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

What dose depends on the nadir. Personally I'd stick with 1.0 units until an increase or decrease is earned based on nadir and only increase if needed by .25 units. That way you won't miss a good dose. My Max blocked and his bladder either burst or was pierced by a vet. He had surgery and was on Hills CD. He never needed the surgery. Are you feeding wet or dry? Wet food only might prevent surgery. I don't know your cat's history but just wanted to mention this.

3. Supurrkitten

Supurrkitten Member

Fergus blocked 3xs in 2009 and had the PU. They put him in Rotal Canin SO which he was on until his recent DX with FD. He had a UTI and polyuria and was licking his site a lot and caused trauma. It healed over in the middle a bit. We need to re open it.
    Ferg is getting all wet with added water now.

So sorry about your Max. Blockages suck. I so wish I knew about the dry food connection before. I know now and will do all I can.

His AMPS @1317 was 197. Since the vet wants us at 2 and I scooted back to 1 for a dose, I will shoot 1.5. I am Hopi g to get him back to the goods but not lows.

Thanks!

4. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

I learnt with my kitty that switching too often between the doses only makes it more difficult to point out the good dose. Lantus accumulates in the tissue and releases throughout the cycle. How much is released depends on how much accumulated from the prior shoots. You had very nice green nadir last night. Cannot tell on which dose - the SS is empty, but if it were my cat I'd keep the dose for a little longer to see if it gives same nice green regularly. I is my humble opinion only - I cannot advise on doses, too little experience with it.
    He is adorable!:D

Supurrkitten likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I too would not go up to 1.5 at this time. Maybe 1.25 but 1.0 was my first thought.

Supurrkitten likes this.
  6. Supurrkitten

Supurrkitten Member

Hi.

Is my SS empty?

7. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

It was empty for 5/17 AM when I wrote my post. I can see the AMPS and the +6 now :).

8. Supurrkitten

Supurrkitten Member

Thank you. I am just new to all this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.