Prayers for Mona - update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and Witn (GA), Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

I had to take one of my cats, Mona, to the vet today. She was having problems breathing. They did x-rays and bloodwork. The results from the bloodwork show everything was good and the x-ray did not show any heart issues. They think she has asthma and also an ear infection. She also needs a dental. They gave her antibiotics and also put her on Predsinone. I will schedule the dental when she is feeling better.

Please send some healing vines that she feels better soon.

2. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Lots of feel better vines for sweet Lisa. I'm glad you were able to get those tests and gets some answers. Do you think she could have seasonal allergies?

3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Easy breathing vines on their way to Mona. My civvie Libby had the same thing happen to her. Between the short course of pred and the introducing the inhaler, she is doing great!

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines for Mona:bighug:

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I hope Mona starts to feel better, poor Kitty

6. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Hope she feels much better soon!

7. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Update. Already I have seen a big improvement in Mona. Tonight her breathing is back to normal and she is more active. She also ate her food.

Keep the prayers going, they are working. :cat:

8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending a plane load of strong Aussie healing vines to Mona.
    So glad there is improvement

9. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

SUCH great news!! Hope Mona continues feel better :cat:

10. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Mona is still improving. The breathing is still a little fast but the vet said it would take a few days to go back to normal. It is much slower than when I took her in yesterday. She still is eating and active like her old self.

I wanted to share something that happened yesterday at the vet's office. Some of you will get a chuckle out of this

When the vet was telling me about the possible side effects of the steroid she was prescribing for Mona's asthma, when she mentioned FD, I wish everyone could have seen the vet's face when I told her that was one side effect that I was not worried about. I don't think she ever had a client say that to her. After I explained that I have had four diabetic cats, two I adopted knowing they were diabetic, she understood my response. But the expression she had was priceless. :eek:

11. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Update. I think someone swapped kitties with Mona. Her breathing is back to normal. However last night she was all over the place. She was running all over and under the furniture and would not sit still more than a minute. I am not sure where all this energy is coming from. I have had her over 4 years and never seen her this energetic. Obviously she is feeling better. :cat: :cat: :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.