Prayers for Oreo, please

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Justgin, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justgin

Justgin Member

A couple weeks ago, maybe a month, Oreo seemed to suffer a hypo which was relieved immediately with his rescue can of FF gravy lovers chicken or something. But for the last few weeks he's been not willing to come out to eat with the others as much. And he's slowly losing his appetite. Last night he ate the least I've ever seen him eat and this morning too. The other day I thought I saw him rocking while he sat upright. Last night I counted his respirations at 40 per minute, which is high normal but there seemed to be some effort to it so I knew I'd be taking him in this morning. No mouth breathing, just lethargy, increasing inappetance, and now this shallow breathing. This morning his resp are at 44/min so they've increased since last night. When the vet opens at 7:30 I'm calling them to see if they want me to take him to there or to the referral clinic (which is an ER from 5p to 8a.) I fear that his osteosarcoma had already advanced to his lungs at the time of his amputation and now he's at the end stage. The vet who performed his biopsy said Oreo had 6 to 9 months. We're at month 5 now. :(

He hasn't had any breathing problems until now. We're never ready to say goodbye and I dearly hope I'm overreacting and it's something fixable, but will just have to wait and see. Til then, prayers couldn't hurt. Thanks.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Oh, no. I hope it turns out to be something else.. something not so bad. Keep hope alive. :bighug:

Justgin likes this.
  3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Sending tons of prayers:bighug:

Justgin likes this.
  4. Justgin

Justgin Member

Thanks y'all.

5. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

Saying a special prayer for you both!

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Sending a huge bunch of positivity your way. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Justgin likes this.
  7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Prayers and hugs. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Justgin likes this.
  8. Justgin

Justgin Member

Just now back from the vet. Oreo is gone. I really don't want to talk about it yet. My heart is broken and I'm in shock right now. It hurts to look at his pic in better times.

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So sorry. We are here when you want to reach out. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Justgin likes this.
  10. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

So so sorry for you loss. Rest in peace sweet Oreo.

Justgin likes this.
  11. Kris & Teasel

I'm so very sorry. :(:bighug:

Justgin likes this.
  12. PPCW

PPCW Member

I am so sorry for your loss :bighug::bighug::bighug:cat_wings>o:rb_icon:.

Justgin likes this.
  13. Dusty Bones

Dusty Bones Member

So sorry for your loss.

Justgin likes this.
  14. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers at this difficult time

Justgin likes this.
  15. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

So very sorry, peace and comfort to you.

16. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I’m so very sorry:bighug:
    Rest In Peace Sweet Oreo:rb_icon:

Justgin likes this.
  17. Justgin

Justgin Member

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Just got back a while ago from getting Oreo cremated. What an awful day. Got a massive headache from crying. I took Oreo into the vet this morning about 8:45. I'll always feel guilty that I had to force him into the carrier while he was grasping on to whatever he could. <sigh> He was very short of breath then from that struggle and he cried all the way to the vet which luckily wasn't but about a mile down the road. They took him back immediately and let him calm down a little. Long story short, the xray showed that, just as I feared, the osteosarcoma had spread to his lungs. He had very little lung air space, it's just a wonder he was breathing as well as he had been seeing that he had so little space left. The vet did a thoracentesis and got back blood and serous. He perked up a little bit immediately because he had more room to breathe, but was still critical. I knew what he needed from me. He got the first shot and got really calm while I said goodbye to him. Then the 2nd, which took quite a few sticks because he had gotten dehydrated overnight. It was peaceful, but it was really sad. My baby is gone. But I do have his physical remains with me in a little urn. I'm so sad.

18. Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi

Gretchen(sugarbaby)&bobbi Member

OMGosh reading through this and almost teared up when I saw your lost post. I am so sorry. cat_wings>o

Bellasmom and Justgin like this.
  19. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

My heart hurts for you and the sudden loss of Oreo.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Justgin likes this.
  20. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

oh no, so sorry you had to lose your oreo so suddendly today, am tearing up with you :(
    }}hugs{{

Justgin likes this.
  21. Kris & Teasel

You set him free. We all know the pain of doing that. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Justgin likes this.
  22. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I am so very, very sorry. My heart is just breaking for you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

I know it seems like they are never here with us long enough, but Oreo will live on forever in your heart. ❤️

Fly free, sweet Oreo, travel safely on your journey to your new life at the Rainbow Bridgecat_wings>o

Justgin likes this.
  23. Justgin

Justgin Member

Thanks everyone, your caring words have brought me to tears. It's so good to know you understand how I'm feeling. Oreo was a very sweet kitty. He still is, wherever he is now. He had a one of a kind personality. Well, they all do, I know, but his personality was just so cute. I never heard him hiss, not once. In his younger days he was the alpha kitty and the groomer of the group. His meow to me was more of a quick little mau, as though he considered me to be one of the group, the biggest one, and not a human. There are so many things about him that make me miss him so much already. I hope to see him again and all my other dear little pets one day. I hope he caught up to his two siblings (whom he adored) just as soon as he departed from me this morning and is now enjoying their company once again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.