Prayers needed for Jasmine

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Debra & CB (GA) & Gang, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debra & CB (GA) & Gang

Debra & CB (GA) & Gang Member

I had to take Jasmine in to our vet this morning.....she has lost a lot of weight within the past couple of weeks, and I've noticed that for the past couple of days she was breathing differently. This morning it was obvious that she's having a hard time breathing, working herself really hard. The vet did chest xrays and they showed that her lungs are full of fluid, so full in fact that they can't even see her heart shadow on the xrays, so I've left Jasmine with them for the day so that they can do a chest tap on her. Depending on what the fluid that they draw off looks like will determine our course of action. Jasmine will be 16 years old in May, and while I love her very much (she loves to sleep on our bed every night!) I don't want to put her through any suffering if there's something seriously bad going on with her. Jasmine was diagnosed with crf early last year and has been doing ok with subq's, she refuses to eat any "renal" diet at all, be it wet or dry, and has been maintaining herself up until a couple of weeks ago. If my vet feels that we can treat Jasmine for whatever has caused this fluid to build up in her lungs we'll give it a try, but if not then I'll be making "that" decision later this evening. Either way when I get off work this afternoon (around 5 pm) I'll head back to the vet to discuss their findings.

Please, if you can, please pray for a treatable problem, and/or a peaceful passing for my sweet little Jasmine.

Thanks!

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Jasmine...and you.

Jeanne

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Debra and Jasmine)))))

4. Dana & Lily (GA)

Dana & Lily (GA) Member

Sending white light and prayers for you and Jasmine!

5. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no! (((Debra))) (((Jasmine))) Hoping it's a quick fix for her!

6. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Sending more prayers for sweet Jasmine!!

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

sending healing thoughts and vines your way.

8. Wendy and Boo (GA)

Wendy and Boo (GA) Member

Sending healing thoughts for Jasmine!

9. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Debra, I read the Update first and then this.......sending many prayers that your precious Jasmine has something that can be dealt with and that it isn't time for her to be leaving. Please remember to post after the vet calls on the fluid results.

10. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((DEBRA)))))))))))))))))) Crossing all paws for Jasmine. Sending treatable vibes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.