prescription Royal Canin canned catfood recall

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ken and Sneakers, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken and Sneakers

Ken and Sneakers Member

There's been a new recall on PRESCRIPTION canned only, This is a recent recall, posted 4/12/10 not the one from two years ago.

2. sugarpura

sugarpura New Member

Please provide a reference for us to confirm this information - I am unable to find any confirmation on the Royal Canin website, on Itchmo.com, or on the FDA website. I am not currently feeding any RC products but I would like to know. Thanks. sugarpura

3. Ken and Sneakers

Ken and Sneakers Member

4. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

the release is dated april 10, 2007, and all the comments on that link are from april 2007 confused_cat

5. Ken and Sneakers

Ken and Sneakers Member

6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

7. Ken and Sneakers

Ken and Sneakers Member

Sorry I posted this

8. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

wouldn't surprise me. isn't RC one of the worst foods out there? i remember a lot of talk from some canadian members i think it was about their food causing problems

9. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Many of the words in the 2007 and 2010 recall are identical. For example:
    2007 - we were completely shocked to learn
    2010 -Royal Canin said it was ``completely shocked'' to learn

The 2010 recall said 16 deaths. I think if there were 16 new deaths (not from the 2007 problem) it would be all over the news. The 2010 recall only cites Royal Canin. I can't find anything at the FDA recall site. Maybe somebody is getting the 2007 recalled mixed up and just posted a new one.

10. Debra & CB (GA) & Gang

Debra & CB (GA) & Gang Member

I just called customer service at Royal Canin USA, Inc., and NO, this product has not had a new recall. I was told that it was involved in the 2007 recall, but in Canada only, not in the US.

But, I do want to say that I, for one, do absolutely appreciate it whenever anyone brings a new recall to my attention! I'd much rather be safe than sorry..........

11. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with Debra. Ken you always have the best interest at heart for our babies.

12. recall

recall New Member

The recall posted on our website concerning Menu Foods/ Royal Canin PET FOOD is an old recall!

This recall was posted in 2007and is completed.

http://www.totalrecallinfo.com/freerecalls.php?id=17198

We discovered our error from Royal Canin and deeply apologize to them, and any consumer who was misled.

We are working to get the information off of our server. In the meantime could you post this alongside your notice, or delete it altogether and include this apology.

Thank you and take care.

Chris B.
    http://www.totalrecallinfo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.