preshoot numbers

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by angela&jimmycat, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angela&jimmycat

angela&jimmycat Member

Jimmy's ps numbers seem to keep growing as his insulin dose increases. The vet wants us to go up to 3 units today, I'm worried about doing that as we will be at work and not able to test regularly during the day. The new vial of strips is also worrying us. First strip tested with solution was 262, second 134. First strip used to check Jimmy did not work...monitor would not beep and had plenty of blood. It just did not read anything even an error. This was yesterday's pm check. I have updated his spreadsheet for y'all to look at. Thanks

2. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Hi,

not being familiar with your story have just caught up on yur original thread.

If you can-be really good if you could add at the top in comments on ss that your using Prozinc.
    If you remember Nancy has said beans that are using Prozinc are finding 'approx 45 days before the insulin settles'. I think it would be a good idea for you to at least cross post in the PZI forum as they rae the ones most familiar with your insulin.

If you keep getting flat numbers after 3-5 days, increase dose again. You have tobe comfortable with this. I would say that with such high numbers at the mo and that your taking your time on dose increase, he would be unlikely to drop extremely low whilst your at work. I have known it from high 300's but not more than this really (unless a high dose was being given that hadn't been worked up to).

Have a look at what food he is getting again and when.

Did you do a control test? on your strips? Should give you the control numbers somewhere on the side of the vial. If you get a reading insode this then strips are o.k. Might be worth you getting a human glucometer as a back up anyway (or if you fond the alpha track ones are too expensive)There is always a difference between meters of around 20%-you just take this into account when initially swapping. After this it doesn't matter, you work by the numbers you get.

I would give at least one more shot at 2.25u then consider going up by another .25u.
    Ask in PZI too-as I haven't used your insulin.
    Don't forget to read the stickies there if you haven't already too.

How are you storing your insulin?
    It's great that your being so proactive-it's rear beans get an overnight reaction or OTJ in 2 weeks-most of us takes a lot longer, some 2-3 years!
    Some just get nicely regulated, but still takes a while to achieve and lastly, some just do their own thing :roll: but they still do well.Hang in there :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.