? Preshot only 183 - need dosing advice asap

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Panic, Jul 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Morning all, Panic gave a surprising preshot today at 183. She has not eaten yet so I'm waiting but I'm 1) not sure how long to wait to test again, 20 minutes? and 2) not sure how much dose to give her this morning. She has a tendency to drop over 50% fairly quickly so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to lower her dose this time or maintain her 2u.

I will be home today to monitor her ^-^

Crossposting to PZI forum

@MrWorfMen's Mom @Djamila

2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

25 min later tested 211

3. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Gave her 1.4u, hope that was alright :eek:

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm just seeing this now. Didn't get the tag. I think if you tag more than one person you have to put them on separate lines for them to work. :(

Anyway, I think you'll be fine. You did exactly the right thing stalling and retesting. Since Panic was rising on her own you probably could have given her the full dose but then it looks like she just cleared a bounce so the reduced dose was a safe choice too.

5. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Oops, good to know for the future >.<

Thank you! So if it happens again and she goes over 200 on her own like today I should do a full dose?

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

As long as you can monitor, I think you could give the full dose but if you aren't going to be there, I'd reduce as you did today. It's one of those things that it's best to try when you can keep an eye on things because as you say, Panic does have a habit of big drops. On the other hand though, she hasn't seen green yet and it would be nice to see her get there.

CandyH & Catcat and Panic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.