ProZinc cost?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby

Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby Member

Just wondering how the cost of ProZinc compares... it is u40 apparently, but can anyone tell me the cost of a bottle and what size the bottle is, so I can figure cost per unit?

2. Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby

Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby Member

was just looking on teh old board and found this:

That is considerably more than BCP PZI :( Especially considering it is u40 and my BCP PZI is u100.

BCP PZI 1,000u (10ml)/$80

ProZinc 400u(10ml)/$120.

Yikes.

3. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

Comparable to idexx (cheaper actually than what I was paying). I figured. That is a shame. Be nice if they could make it more affordable.

4. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

It is supposedly $60 wholesale and I just paid $90 + tax at a local pharmacy. That makes it cheaper than PZI Vet. I think $90 is a pretty common retail price for ProZinc. It comes in a 10ml bottle and has a 2 year shelf life. So if your kitty is a lower dose kitty then the extended shelf life of it would actually make it more cost effective than compounded options which typically have a shorter shelf life.

I did not do too much shopping around for it since I can get it local and forgo shipping charges.

If you need help finding sources then check the PZI source document on FD - it is also in a links post that was posted recently.

Also you probably would want to order BCP in the U-40 strength [and avoid U-100] so that you could have greater control over the dosing - many here use the U-100 syringes to dose more finely with U-40 insulin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.