Prozinc

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Iris Deary, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Iris Deary

Iris Deary Member

HI, I'm a newbie. I have Lee who was on Prozinc before and I had to switch to Novolin. Now going back to Prozinc. He was getting 2.0 U of Novolin and I gave him 2.0 units of Prozinc this morning. His sugar had done nothing but go up. And now I don't know what to do. Help???

2. Asiina & Alex(GA)

Asiina & Alex(GA) Member

Hi and welcome.

Do you have exact numbers for his BG and when you took them? Prozinc will usually take several hours to start working and you should see a low point roughly 4-8 hours after giving the shot.

Since it seems you're testing at home, it would help if you set up a spreadsheet and put it in your signature so that others can see Lee's progress and better able to comment.

You can see how to set up the spreadsheet here: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Give him a few days to adjust

4. Iris Deary

Iris Deary Member

Thank you, thank you! I will do the signature thing and get more acclimated. Maybe Ill adjust as he does.... I'm having to unlearn everything I learned at the Vet's.. I mean that. I'll be back.

JanetNJ likes this.
  5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

You WILL adjust. I promise. It takes some time and it's a steep learning curve, especially when you have to unlearn a lot of things, but we've all done and we will help you. We'd be glad to.

6. Iris Deary

Iris Deary Member

Signature done......... Thanks to Shel...;)

ohbell and Djamila like this.