Pumpkin carb percentage?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julie and Honey, Dec 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

1/16 cup canned pumpkin has 1.3 carbs. Does anyone know how to translate carb amount into a percentage value to make sure I am keeping her carbs in range for the day? She is currently only getting 3% carbs a day in her food, but I want to try and stay at or under 5% for the day including any added pumpkin.

If I am giving 1/16 - 1/8 cup a day pumpkin to help with constipation is that too much? Have given Miralax in the past, but would rather increase fiber with pumpkin if it works. She was fine in that regard on high fiber dry food, but now that she is on all wet food she needs something.

Thanks.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

wow...that's a lot of pumpkin!! We usually start at 1-2 teaspoons twice a day

Don't worry about it.....lots of people here use pumpkin without problems. It's mostly fiber. As long as it's plain pumpkin, it's fine

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  3. Julie and Honey

Thanks for the reply. I tend to over think and worry a lot.

1/16 cup is about a teaspoon : )

I used half of a 1/8 cup scoop, that is the very small measuring scoop that a lot of people use as a coffee scoop.

I’ll see how she does at a teaspoon or two every other day and go from there.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  4. Gracie85

Gracie85 Member

1/16 cup is actually a tablespoon, and then of course 1/8 cup is two tablespoons.
    One tablespoon is three teaspoons.

5. Julie and Honey

Good to know, I was just estimating going off can label to figure carbs (listed in cup) that’s why I used a measuring cup instead of spoon, plus I could not find my measuring spoons, I have not baked in 10 years.

Jill & Jade likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.