Purina Fancy Feast Classic Chicken Pate

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi I was looking at the Purina Fancy Feast Classic Chicken Pate wet cat foid. I saw someone said there was 0.9 carbs in it. She said she received the answer from Purina. I then saw on an old post someone said only 0.4 carbs. Does anyone give this to their diabetic cat and might know the carbs Thank you

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Dr. Pierson's food chart has the correct info for this food (link in my signature).

Also, at one point, I personally contacted Purina, and this is what they provided to me:
    The actual percentage of calories that come from protein, fat and carbohydrates for the (metabolizable energy (ME) profile) in the Fancy Feast Classic Chicken is as follows.

Fancy Feast Classic Chicken
    M.E. from Protein 40%
    M.E. from Fat 56.9%
    M.E. from Carbohydrates 3.1%
    Phosphorus 429 mg/100kcal

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks so much

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi I was just reading a post someone wrote about the Fancy feast classic chicken pate about carb content. The post was from 2016. The person said that the formula was changed and the carbs went from 6.8% to iver 10. There are so many different carb amounts I see people posting. I emailed Purina just now to see what they have to say.Does anyone know what the carb % is for sure thanks Now I'm really confused, Fancy feast has guar gum listed in their ingredients which I read can cause other health issues for cats, so confusing who will say this cat food is good for diabetic cats, or no this one is good for cats, Just confused

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.