? PZI Dosing Question

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Paul & Spook, Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul & Spook

Paul & Spook Member

Spook was aggitated yessterday dialated eyes all day and night. Hiding under the bed last night growled at us if we tried to touch him. Took him to the vet yesterday. Blood test was good. Came home and drank alot of water. Very hungry this am can of FF pate + so far. Any ideas on what is up?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. These are some of the things you can see in symptomatic hypos but the BG test at the vet didn't show that. If he's eating and feeling more normal this AM I'd say just keep an eye on him. Make a note on his SS though. Sometimes these things become clearer down the line.

Djamila likes this.
  3. Paul & Spook

Paul & Spook Member

4. Paul & Spook

Paul & Spook Member

My friend wants to lower Spooks dose from . 0.75. To 0.625.

5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Poor little guy! I hope he has a better day today! Keep an eye on pooping and peeing - make sure everything is functioning okay :confused:

6. Djamila

I would not lower the dose. High numbers are dangerous, and Spook is still spending a lot of time up there.

7. Paul & Spook

Paul & Spook Member

He is eating, bms and peeing. Drinking water also.

Djamila likes this.
  8. Kris & Teasel

My advice would be to stay at 0.75 u. There are no SS numbers to support a dose reduction. We don't know that he was actually experiencing a hypo state.

I agree with Djamila that the high numbers need to come down.

Djamila likes this.
  9. Djamila

I should have added:

You hold the syringe. If your friend really needs to lower the dose for her own peace of mind today, we always respect the decisions made by the care giver. While we will always give our best advice, we also believe that the final decision is up to the person who can actually see and hold the cat.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  10. Kris & Teasel

Yes, I should have added that part too. It's your friend's choice for her kitty and her own peace of mind. :)

11. Paul & Spook

Paul & Spook Member

Thanks. 0.625

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  12. Paul & Spook

Paul & Spook Member

Got a script for Lantus. May go with Walmart first time for a pen
    Emailed Alan in just in case they only sell 5 pens at once. Going to order u100 syringes 3/10cc .5 unitmarkings 1/2” needle. Read the dosing forum
    It has very clear instructions.

13. Kris & Teasel

Yes, the dosing guidelines for Lantus are very clear and detailed. That's one of the things many people like. There are a many very experienced people on the L forum. It's a very large busy forum and can take a little getting used to but there's a lot of help available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.