PZI spreadsheet, new insulin and syringes, help?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by jeanice, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeanice

jeanice New Member

Hello all,
    I have an insulin sensative steriod induced diabetic cat. We changed insulin and syringe size since I got him into remission last time. Having a really hard time regulating kitty :( Not sure what I should do, I really need some insight. Shadow is now on .40 strength PZI and we are using the u-40 .5cc capacity syringes. Before we were on 100 u PZI using the .3cc syringes. This transition is proving very challenging. I am attaching his spreadsheet. Can anyone assist? I am getting really frustrated and can't figure out where to go next with him. He does not feel well at all.

Thank you,
    Jeanice and Shadow

Attached Files:

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

You can still use U100 syringes with the U40 insulin you are using. The use of the U100 syringes allows my precise dosing. The conversion is 1 unit of the U40 insulin equals filling a U100 syringe to the 2 1/2 unit marking. You can get the U100 syringes marked every halve units. Therefore, each 1/2 unit marking on a U100 syringe equals 0.2 units of a u$0 insulin.

You are changing the dose fast and not allow time for the a dose to settle. I would stay with the 0.25 dose for a couple of days unless the BGs show that BG goes too low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.