Question about blood glucose monitor. using Ipet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ladybug98_2002, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladybug98_2002

ladybug98_2002 New Member

Currently, I have been using the Ipet glucose monitor that I got from my vet. Does anyone have any experience with it at all? I've seen really good reviews on the internet as well as some really bad ones. I have just started home testing so, im still getting used to doing it. So far, its been relatively easy. Does anyone have any feedback on its accuracy? Are there any monitors that let you know if there is not enough blood sample on the strip?

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Most of us use over the counter human glucometers. They are less expensive, the strips are much less expensive, you may be able to get testing supplies in the middle of the night if needed, and there are reference numbers developed for using them with pets.

A favorite is the Walmart ReliOn brand with models Vital, Prime, and Confirm. These are actually branded versions of the Arkray glucometers available at our shopping partner ADW (link at top of page - check the prices! they have I-pet supplies too, I believe.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.