Question- Dr. Lisa

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jan and Buddy, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Don't know if this will be out of line but here goes:

Don't know if you have read posts but Buddy's test came back with Negative Acro, IAA number 72. (Results printed in Health page 1))

When talking with the VET TECH on these results, it was brought up that I should bring Buddy in for them to keep 2-3 days and get him regulated.

So my question is, if he is a IAA kitty, how could he possibly be regulated in that short of time, or even be regulated???

My first thought is maybe there not that familar with IAA??

I don't know what I should say back to them.

Any thought would be appreciated.

Thank You

Jan and Buddy

2. Lisa dvm

Lisa dvm Member

Hi Jan,

In general, I rarely address questions about a specific patient outside of a phone consultation but yours requires a pretty straight forward answer and that would be....

"Oh...if it was so easy to get ANY cat regulated in 2-3 days - regardless of any disease process that *may* be confounding the situation!!"

With regard to reading about Buddy's case, no, I have not read any previous posts so my comment above is only a general one.

I try to be careful not to make comments on individual cases without a thorough review of the case - unless they are *very* general comments.

3. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Thank You,
    Your very general answer spoke volumes!!!!!!!

I appreciate it.

Can you tell me what you mean by a phone consult?? What would you need for me to do that??

4. Lisa dvm

Lisa dvm Member

I have been trying to get my email address to post on this site but have had no luck. I have removed the PM option because I don't have the time to check one more area so I need to figure out how to get my email addy to show up.

In any case, here it is:

kitysaver AT AOL DOT com

(Make sure there is one 't' in kitysaver.)

5. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

That option is not available yet. Recent thread in Tech about it viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1690

What one can do is use either the Occupation or Interest box located in the Profile part of User Control Panel and put your email address in there. That way it will show up in your profile when someone views it.

6. Lisa dvm

Lisa dvm Member

Ok, thanks.

Rebecca and I had been chartting about this and I think she said that she got hers to show up buy resetting and then submitting. But.....my memory may not be correct about that.

I had thought about doing what you suggest above but had not gotten to it.

Thanks for the info and the link!

7. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

You also could put your email in your sig line.

8. Lisa dvm

Lisa dvm Member

I also thought about that but my sig line is maxed with stuff that I really want to stay there.

9. Lisa dvm

Lisa dvm Member

I changed my location to my email address. That will work for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.