? Question for Loki

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mimi4neeyah and Loki, Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimi4neeyah and Loki

mimi4neeyah and Loki Member

If this is not in the right thread please feel free to move. Loki is in the start of kidney issues so with that concern now I am wondering if his food is still appropriate? He gets Fancy Feast Pate and Tiki Mouse , with a tiny bit of Young Again mature.The Fancy Feast is always under 5% and the Tiki is 2%. I am somewhat worried that one issue is making the other worse, any help with this I really appreciate.
    Thank You for helping my boy.

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

You actually need to address both issues, but one thing you do not want to do is let his diabetes out of control because that will probably damage his kidneys even more.

If he's just starting to have kidney issues (what stage is he in ?) you do not need to have any extreme measures, you want a food that would help protect his kidneys without affecting his diabetes so you should look for a food that on top of being low carb has the smallest amount of phosphorus possible, Fancy Feast is a little bit high in that area

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.