Question for my sister

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Shiloh & Rhonda (GA), Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Shiloh & Rhonda (GA) Well-Known Member

She has a new kitten, a stray, 1.5 pounds, told she has coccidia. She is on her second round of Albon. My sister said that she doesn't even want to be touched, screamed bloody murder. Any ideas?

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

3. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Is she a feral? I have rescued several feral kittens that behaved that way when I first rescued them. I have found that the more they are handled they will begin to trust you. However, she should probably talk to the vet just to make sure there are no medical issues causing her pain.

4. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

Yong, she had her to the vet because she had diarrhea that was just dripping. They prescribed the second round of treatment. I will check with my sister and see how she is doing today.

Lisa, she was found outside, and a little wary at first, but she had been fine until just the last couple of days.

5. Yong & Maury GA

Hope it's a good update :cat:

6. Shiloh & Rhonda (GA)

She is using the litter box rather just seeping, so that is a good thing. As long as my sister doesn't get near her butt she isn't screaming.

7. Yong & Maury GA

Curious if there are any safe pain medications for kittens, doesn't hurt to ask the Vet, right? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.