Question regarding new food chart.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Indigo, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo

Indigo Member

Does anyone know if Pure Vita 96% is low carb? The only reason I'm asking is when I went to the pet food store to pick up Dave's cat food they recommended this food as being okay for a diabetic cat. I only bought 3 cans one of each flavor, and Jackson thinks they are the cat's meow which makes me wonder:rolleyes: how good is this food for him? It's not on the list and the only Pure Vita mentioned is the stew varieties. Thanks in advance

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

After I FINALLY found it, looks like the ingredients are indeed OK for a diabetic! They don't have the '96%' in their searchable database - I just happened to see it on a label. Actually, I think I'll see if I can find it here and try the chicken at least as it has no fish in it at all - I have 1 with severe anaphylaxis-type fish allergies so am very careful. Even a touch of fish used for Vit E support causes his throat to swell.

Indigo likes this.
  3. Indigo

Indigo Member

That's surprising considering it's not on the food list definitely going to keep feeding this one as he thinks it is fabulous. Thank you so much for taking the time to look that up for me I have no idea how to figure that out.

4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Dr. Lisa put that list together in 2017 but food was mostly 2016. I think this was put on the market after that...

Indigo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.